Huge Sabatier Carbon and two other massive knives

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
roaduck

Huge Sabatier Carbon and two other massive knives

Post by roaduck »

I got a really big (top picture) 50cm (19 1/2 inch) long blade that is 1/5th inch thick Sabatier carbon from France the other day because I just thought it was a bit of a beast - it`s meant for using like a machete cutting brush or thinning a coppice but after a go on my Tormek diamond wheel sharpener - it`s like a huge Japanese yanagiba because it`s maxxed-out carbon single edge bezel and it weighs well over a pound.
The second one down is a German 22inch Dick kebab knife I got because I wanted to hand carve my own kebabs instead of using a commercial electric wheel kebab slicer at my friend`s restuarant.
The third one down is a heavy, stiff, very sharp 15 inch blade two-handled commercial cheese knife because I`m sick of struggling using little 10 and 12 inch narrow slicers on big cheeses.
The third bottom one is an English Granton of Sheffield white handled 10 inch slicer with grantons to the edge to minimise food sticking - it looks tiny next to the two knives above it even though it`s over fifteen inches long.
All four knives are meant for hard industrial use - all day - every day - not pampered in a home kitchen.
The three bottom ones have plastic handles because they have to go in a dishwasher or commercial knife steriliser - by law.

I do like two and a half foot knives !