Ultimate Edge

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Cutuu

Re: Ultimate Edge

Post by Cutuu » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:15 pm

cooknola wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:04 pm
So weirdness in the new bag. Can't tell if the elastic is too taught or what have you but I actually can not fit my tojiro 240 kiritsuke in the sides with 5 slots as opposed to 4 slots. Hopefully it won't stay an issue given my preference in handles but we'll see what happens after they're broken in.
I try to just use the slots to organize bigger and smaller knives. They do break in some though. At times it can be a very slight issue,but its nearly a moot point.

Chefcallari

Post by Chefcallari » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:25 am

cooknola wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:04 pm
So weirdness in the new bag. Can't tell if the elastic is too taught or what have you but I actually can not fit my tojiro 240 kiritsuke in the sides with 5 slots as opposed to 4 slots. Hopefully it won't stay an issue given my preference in handles but we'll see what happens after they're broken in.
There are 2 sizes of pockets, the one with 4 slots are for large knifes (with large handles) and the one with 5 slots are for smaller knifes (with small handles). I think thats why your 240 kiritsuke wont fit.

ronnie_suburban

Post by ronnie_suburban » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:37 am

Is there any advantage to the Oil-Waxed Canvas version of this bag? I presume it's more durable than the polyester version but it's also nearly double the price and from what I can tell, it weighs about 17% more (~13 ounces, empty), too. Does the increased durability justify those negatives?

Thanks