8-1/4" x 1.8" Game Knife

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
timos

8-1/4" x 1.8" Game Knife

Post by timos »

Hello,

so this blade pattern was originally a custom. We designed it for breaking down large amounts of boneless chicken.

It is a rapala filet edge shape but with much wider heel. Turns out the blade is exceedingly good at processing lots of stuff like filet and portioning.

Its murderous on vegetables as well. I think it would be an awesome blade to have around at a cabin somewhere alot of fishing and hunting is done.

Edge is maybe too thin for deboning -- depends on how careful you are.

The steel is magnacut at about rc62...air quenched with a cold treatment.

Then tempered multiple times for the rc62 hardness.

Blade is ground tear drop cross section with fullers and a chamfered spine and choil. Distal taper is pronounced allowing for medium flex.

Handle is a pretty high end pc of amboyna burl with a bit of sapwood. The ferrule is Alaskan musk ox. There is a phenolic pin along with west systems G Flex holding it all together.

Asking $550 shipped CONUS. I take paypal or check or I can just email you an invoice. Let me know what you think!

ImageImage

ImageImage
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos
timos

Re: 8-1/4" x 1.8" Game Knife

Post by timos »

Thank you all. I have a lot of inventory, orders, and stuff on the bench. Ill take $450 shipped CONUS.
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos