Welcome To Chefknivestogo Forums!

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Ldopa

Re: Welcome To Chefknivestogo Forums!

Post by Ldopa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi, I am Tom. I felt strange posting on here without any introduction.

I am completely new. I don't have any japanese knives at all but want to start collecting. I heard so many good things about them but never have tried one. I don't have any friends who are chefs. I would not say I am a cook but I don't mind helping my wife with preparation. We have a Henkel Pro S knife set (15+ years) at the moment.

I am learning a lot from this forum. I will be a customer very soon. I am thinking with starting with a bunka. I like to learn how to sharpen properly so that is going to be fun for me. So a lot more reading and questions to come.

Thanks for reading.

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:41 am

Welcome Tom.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com

nevrknow

Post by nevrknow » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:02 am

Welcome Tom. You came to the right place. :)

As far as not knowing any chefs, stick around here and you will. Great people here. Very forthcoming with opinions and honest help to your questions.

tongas

Post by tongas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi everyone

Got my first gyutos recently , after years of using old Sabs as home cook. Here to learn more about japanese knifes .

Bear007

Post by Bear007 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi all, this will be my first post, long time lurker.
I'm not a professional cook, I used to help out my mom in the restaurant part time after school doing the prep, breaking down the prime rib and de-boning a couple of cases of chickens a week along with a few other odd jobs, that was a long long time ago. I have always maintained my attraction to kitchen knives, I still have moms old Henckels and a pile of other German knives, just recently I have gotten into Japanese knives, their edge holding ability is amazing. I just want to say thanks to Mark and this forum for all your help, my biggest problem now is this new addiction that's got a hold on me, it does get expensive. :mrgreen:

kw2336

Post by kw2336 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Thanks for the resource, new to Japanese knives and I look forward to learning as much as possible

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 am

Hello! First post after lurking for about 3-4 mo. Became interested in upgrading knives about 2 years ago after realizing our Wusthof chef’s knife was better for some things than others. I got a Mac MBK95 at that time and enjoy using it (and also enjoy keeping all the knives razor sharp) so much that it has me cooking more. I am interested in rounding out our kitchen knives and trying not to become a collector per se.

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:30 am

Welcome everyone! Thanks for visiting. Please ask questions. We enjoy talking to new customers and forum members.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com

slobound

Post by slobound » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 am

Bear007 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:43 pm
Hi all, this will be my first post, long time lurker.
I'm not a professional cook, I used to help out my mom in the restaurant part time after school doing the prep, breaking down the prime rib and de-boning a couple of cases of chickens a week along with a few other odd jobs, that was a long long time ago. I have always maintained my attraction to kitchen knives, I still have moms old Henckels and a pile of other German knives, just recently I have gotten into Japanese knives, their edge holding ability is amazing. I just want to say thanks to Mark and this forum for all your help, my biggest problem now is this new addiction that's got a hold on me, it does get expensive. :mrgreen:
Welcome Bear! Love your avatar! Hello from another egger & knife nerd.

- slo
-- Garrick