Richmond (Kurosaki) AS Laser 240mm Gyuto

jmcnelly85

Richmond (Kurosaki) AS Laser 240mm Gyuto

Post by jmcnelly85 »

I am a line cook, my typical work week consists of volume production of thousands of meals prepared to order, presented in a manner to justify the price, and timed together by an efficient mental system that somehow brings order to the chaos that always tries to crash an otherwise smooth shift. I'm not the kind of person that will ever blame equipment for something going wrong; however, I expect everything I have near me to do it's job. If it can't, it will get replaced.

The chaos is an emotionless space, be the calm center, only add emotion to your tone of voice as a tool to express the sense of urgency that lesser cooks instinctively lack. There is no fear, even in the face of imminent crash, there is no pain, even when you just burned the shit out of yourself, and above all, there is no time for appreciation. Expectation of greatness takes less time than taking a moment to appreciate greatness. Don't take time to smell the flowers, take time to test for salt.

I've used the Laser in this environment for two years, we both share scars from the time, it's been tipped twice, once from taking a nosedive on the floor, and once an asshole salad cook literally threw it in the dish area "to help." I'm not writing a review comparing minute grind differences between other lines, or caliper readings of exact thinness. This isn't about how much an onion can move during a horizontal cut. This is a stamp of approval. This tool can, and will, put thousands of gallons of mirepoix under its belt, cut that seared airliner in one swoop, execute garnish cuts, and do every task it needs in a pro kitchen. This knife can, and will, both survive, and excel in a pro kitchen. If it doesn't, it's probably your fault.

My hat is off, Kurosaki san, you've made an amazing tool well suited for those that use it often. Thank you for making my job easier.