WTS Kanehide PS60 Gyuto 240mm - As New

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
ChefJeff

WTS Kanehide PS60 Gyuto 240mm - As New

Post by ChefJeff » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:51 pm

Another catch and release.

I was a confirmed 210 gyuto user but then a friend recommended that I try a 240. This time, he said, adjust your technique to suit the knife, not the other way around. I took his advice and selected this one as an inexpensive way to try a 240 gyuto. In his writeup https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kapsgy24.html Mark said, "...quite simply the best Western-handled stainless steel knife in its price range," which didn't hurt, either.

I quickly learned Mark's description is absolutely correct and my friend's advice was right on the money. Now I love the 240 gyuto, so much I bought a Masakage Yuki and a Konosuke HD2 in short order.

It's time to recycle the knives I don't reach for so this one is up for sale. I only used it lightly in a home kitchen for a week. It is like-new and has never been sharpened, although I did do my standard out-of-the-box strop on balsa loaded with 1 micron paste. Please take a close look at the photos (click to enlarge).

This knife is a great 240 gyuto starter knife. It's so good, it just might become your go-to gyuto.

It will come to you carefully repacked in the original box, etc. Price $125 - includes PayPal fees and USA Priority shipping (UPS on request).
Attachments
DSC01225.JPG
DSC01226.JPG

ChefJeff

Re: WTS Kanehide PS60 Gyuto 240mm - As New

Post by ChefJeff » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:19 pm

$120

ChefJeff

Re: WTS Kanehide PS60 Gyuto 240mm - As New

Post by ChefJeff » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Bump