Konosuke Swedish Stainless Western Gyuto 270mm - SOLD!

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
mauichef

Konosuke Swedish Stainless Western Gyuto 270mm - SOLD!

Post by mauichef » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Konosuke Swedish Stainless Western Gyuto 270mm
Used to cut one tomato and maybe an onion! Never sharpened.
$210 incl PP and shipping.

mauichef

Re: WTS - Konosuke Swedish Stainless Western Gyuto 270mm

Post by mauichef » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Anyone out there?
It's a Kono.
It's stainless.
It's unavailable.
It's a western.
It's like new.

nakneker

Re: WTS - Konosuke Swedish Stainless Western Gyuto 270mm

Post by nakneker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Nice knives, I bought the Suki and love it!! If I didn’t already have a couple 270s it would be gone.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

lsboogy

Re: Konosuke Swedish Stainless Western Gyuto 270mm - SOLD!

Post by lsboogy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Thank you whomever purchased it. I was getting temped. Don't use western handled knives often any more, but I have a couple of kikuichi 270's (white #1 that's over 20 years old and a Swedish stainless one from about 15 years ago) - both western handled. I think the guy I bought them from thought that because I was from the states it was the right thing to do. They are great cutters but only get used a few times a year. Like most of my knives I will never sell them. This looks much like my Kikuichi stuff - I wish they sold more W#1 stuff here - but they seem to sell mostly what they think we want. I wish Mark would get some of their Japan only knives here - Mizogami has an old (preWWII) kikuichi find for me NOS - he will bring it with him when he visits this fall. My first kono is everything they say about them - I'm sure I will have a few more for my collection