Chef Recipe Storage

Share your culinary creations, recipes, food knowledge, restaurant recommendations, etc.
jcsiii

Chef Recipe Storage

Post by jcsiii » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:16 pm

First time long time, was a member of the now defunct knifeforums.com

I've recently been trying to convert all of my restaurant recipes that I've collected over my career to a format that can be accessed electronically and have a form of search based on specific guidelines and was hoping for some advice. As of today I've looked at Evernote as the best option but was hoping for some other options.

Thank You,

STPepper9

Re: Chef Recipe Storage

Post by STPepper9 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:12 pm

I'm curious too. as of now I've typed out many recipes manually, but aside from that, my best option has been using the scannable app. That I think is now owned by Evernote.. It's good at taking pics of recipes and documents but not great for searching the content.. Still waiting to see what will come out that does everything for me.

Nmiller21k

Post by Nmiller21k » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:55 am

Convert to word files, and you can store on your phone.
Or get the evernote app on your phone and computer, type them on the full keyboard in evernote (I use a copy paste blank template) then they get shared to teh app as well

gladius

Post by gladius » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:21 am

Gmail!
Accessible on all platforms using the power of Google search.
Create an email and file in a recipe folder along with photos.

datster

Post by datster » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:36 am

I like One Note, it is searchable and you can access from any device if you link it to One Drive. You can also share all or parts of it with others based on security. You can allow edits or read only on one file, multiple files or the complete data file. You can create separate pages and tabs by any category you like, add, delete, move files, whatever. Sheesh, I sound like the One Note sales guy, LOL! But, I'm not, just a hooked user.

keithmarder

Post by keithmarder » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:18 pm

jcsiii wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:16 pm
First time long time, was a member of the now defunct knifeforums.com

I've recently been trying to convert all of my restaurant recipes that I've collected over my career to a format that can be accessed electronically and have a form of search based on specific guidelines and was hoping for some advice. As of today I've looked at Evernote as the best option but was hoping for some other options.

Thank You,
Try the app Pepperplate.