Silver Stag Knives

We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
Papou

Silver Stag Knives

Post by Papou »

Knives used by the guru of Deermeat for Dinner:)..
These blades worthy of their Price and what material made from if i may ask here Please , if anyone knows ??.
Ozno_flash

Re: Silver Stag Knives

Post by Ozno_flash »

No idea what the request is here, was hoping someone else might know and respond. Mystery that needs solving.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

:?
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. They are not my cup of tea but value is dependent on perceived utility

As far as skinners, filets etc...I think they are priced fine for laser cut, cnc milled blades...but again all depends on what you are looking for.
playingfetch

Post by playingfetch »

I googled that knife brand and it looks like a general outdoor knife brand with an antler handle. I've gutted, skinned, and boned out a ton of animals and you don't need anything fancy to do it. For skinning and gutting I usually just use a Swedish Mora, which also doubles as my general purpose backpacking knife. They get fairly sharp and the handle doesn't slip when wet. I personally wouldn't use anything with a stag handle as a working knife, but that's me.
Kuwabara white #2 tall petty 115 mm
Anryu AS petty 150 mm
Yu Kurosaki Raijin Gyuto 210 mm with custom olivewood handle
Tojiro ITK bread knife 270 mm
Morakniv Masur steak knives 120 mm