Covid vaccine today

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
ken123

Covid vaccine today

Post by ken123 »

Well my wife and I got vaccinated today with a followup scheduled. No side effects. Getting a shot was a real PITA with limited local availability. How are all of you doing getting a shot? Any reasons for hesitancy?

Ken
Wjhunt

Re: Covid vaccine today

Post by Wjhunt »

I had the first dose of moderna. I had a low fever the next day (100.6). There seems to be some speculation that having a response (feeling crappy) to the first dose could mean that you have already had COVID-19. This morning I heard people that have already had COVID-19 may only need the first dose. I’m planning on getting the second dose.
I’m really looking forward to seeing everything returning to normal.
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

Whole family got the Moderna shot Wednesday. Two out of 3 of us had sore arms. The other one felt tired.

The LOL thing here is one of us is working for Biontech. They all had a good laugh about that. Looking forward to the second shots next month and being immunized mid-May.
Bensbites

Post by Bensbites »

Robstreperous wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:13 am Whole family got the Moderna shot Wednesday. Two out of 3 of us had sore arms. The other one felt tired.

The LOL thing here is one of us is working for Biontech. They all had a good laugh about that. Looking forward to the second shots next month and being immunized mid-May.
One of our employees has a sibling that works for moderna, one of the perks was the whole family was front of the line for the vaccine.

Wife and I are about 10 days post the first shot. They are not easy to schedule here, but it is possible. I slept that first day, then felt fine. Not looking forward to the second dose of Pfizer, but I am looking forward to another layer of protection.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Pfizer #1 this past Monday for me. Sue’s eligible in a few days.

Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Not eligible yet, but soon.
JASinIL2006

Post by JASinIL2006 »

I got my first Moderna last Thursday. Within 5 hours, I was feeling crummy and 12 hours after the shot, I had a fever (100), chills, shakes, and a bad headache. That all lasted about 36 hours. Of course, I had a pretty bad case of COVID in November, so I think my immune system kicked into high gear after the shot.

Having COVID was awful - I was really sick for about two weeks - so the minor discomfort of getting the shot shouldn't deter anyone from getting vaccinated. I have dozens of friends who got vaccinated and had only sore arms and maybe a headache.
playingfetch

Post by playingfetch »

I'm finished with my vaccine and got the Pfizer shots. No side effects for the first shot and after the second shot I woke up the next morning with a sore arm, but that was better by the end of the day. There's nothing I'd worry about with getting any of the shots.
Kuwabara white #2 tall petty 115 mm
Anryu AS petty 150 mm
Yu Kurosaki Raijin Gyuto 210 mm with custom olivewood handle
Tojiro ITK bread knife 270 mm
Morakniv Masur steak knives 120 mm
ronnie_suburban

Post by ronnie_suburban »

It seems that the side effects, especially those experienced after the 2nd shot, are more common and significant for those under 55.
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

I got my Pfizer a week or so ago. Second is on the 15th. I had a headache that evening, felt a bit under the weather. Nothing bad. My arm around the injection site was sore the next day and a bit the day after. Nothing that stopped me. I had the shot in my dominate arm. My neighbor works in a hospital and said that way, I would work out the soreness quicker. The nurse giving me the shot thanked me. She tries to convince everyone of that, but most people take it in the non-dominate arm. I had to wait forever to qualify, but managed to get it the first week I qualified.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
Jason183

Post by Jason183 »

I just finished my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday, same as my first shot, felt the soreness on 2nd day, it will probably completely be gone tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
Tostadas

Post by Tostadas »

This is all great news. Very much hoping things get back to normal soon.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Felt a small amount of soreness the next day in my left deltoid. No big deal. Good luck to all of us.

Ken
Santas_101

Post by Santas_101 »

I was able to get the physer vaccine though work. One of the perks of working for Uncle Sam. I get my second vaccine next week.
danielharati

Post by danielharati »

received 2 Pfizer shoots, already a month ago. in israel most of population got vaccinated.

personally, in was tired the day after and had a shoulder pain for a few days that kept my away from gym.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Got my first Pfizer shot Tuesday get the second on the 20th. No problems except for a sore arm for a couple days. Wife got her first today.

Getting ready to party like it's 1999! :D

If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

My wife and I got both our Moderna shots last month. After the first shot we each had slight sore arms, after the second shot I had upset stomach, chills and fatigue while my wife just had a headache. That evening we each took a few Advil Dual Action pills and went to sleep. We got our shots at 9:30 AM and didn't feel any effects until around 7: PM and we were fine the next day. After our experience we told our friends and they took the Advil or Tylenol early and they were fine with mild symptoms.
FisherMAn1298

Post by FisherMAn1298 »

Just got my 2nd shot yesterday. Pfizer for me. 1st shot gave me a sore arm. So far nothing from the 2nd. Let's hope everyone gets vaccinated soon, it's for the best. Good luck and God bless to all of us!
In the immortal words of Ken Schwartz-"Master The 1K."
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Vivienne and I got our second Moderna shots 2 days ago. Yesterday had high grade flu like symptoms. Headaches, bad body aches, injection site soreness, tiredness. Not nice but I am so happy to have had them. My doc said it is just a really good antibody response. Whatever, I urge, plead even, everybody to get vaccinated. It is the only way we get back to normal. Whatever that is.Aloha and stay safe and well.
gladius

Post by gladius »

Sorry, I don't feel confident taking it, I am declining it.

The CV jab is experimental and released as such (two year trial). It is voluntary and one takes it by consent. Many people had serious side-effects including death and no one is held responsible if there is a problem - it is taken voluntarily by consent.

CV-19 is said to be 99.9N% survivable by most people. Those are very good odds and there are very safe and effective anti-viral medications available if I did get it.

As I understand, it is an experimental gene therapy including CRISPR technology that includes tissue from aborted babies. Call me old fashion, but I want no part of this and do not want to be part of the trial.

There is also so much contradictory information. I read the CV jab has a ~95% effectiveness yet may not provide any real immunity!

To me it is not worth the risk. This is how I see it, you may not see things in the same light - please don't flame me for my views.