Chefknivestogo Customer Comments

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
CharlieHustle

Re: Chefknivestogo Customer Comments

Post by CharlieHustle »

Have purchased 2 knives from CKTG in the last year and am extremely happy with them. Can't thank the team at CKTG enough.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Welcome back, hope the holiday pause was relaxing
Susan

Post by Susan »

Mark, Thanks for responding to my email so quickly, and you MUST be honorable since you told me NOT to buy something...
Thank you
alialexa

Post by alialexa »

Will you visit me in debtor's prison?
Susan

Post by Susan »

please wrap good thank you and be Safe
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

To top off an already dreadful year, my knife slipped off the cutting board during my last shift of 2020. I cringed as I saw the bright spark of the blade hitting the tiled floor. I was so busy I just slid the knife under the flattop and tried not to think about it until after service. At the end of the day, I pulled it out and saw the broken tip. I nearly threw the knife in the trash but decided I might as well send it off to CKTG to see if it was salvageable. Mark was able to repair the tip as good as new and returned my knife the sharpest it’s ever been. Even with the New Years' holiday and USPS struggling with Covid, my knife made it there and back in less than a week looking and cutting the best it ever has. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. Thanks again!
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Susan

Post by Susan »

Have a nice day
Susan

Post by Susan »

you guys are awesome!!!!!!! i dont need stupid bits of green paper, i need steel and stone!!!!!!!!
Susan

Post by Susan »

I have been in communication with Mark and I am so impressed in your company and the customer service you deliver! I stumbled upon your site because of a youtube review of a yanagiba by Steve Gamache! I am so thankful to have stumbled upon that review because it led me to your business site! I am excited to create many delicious sushi and sashimi dishes!
7x57mm@gmail.com

Post by 7x57mm@gmail.com »

I lead a consumer services team and I take great pride in the support and service my team provides. I can honestly say that Mark's customer service rivals what my team provides. Great communication, fast service and shipping, a quality over quantity mentality and a do what is best for the consumer business approach. CKTG has earned a reputation for repeat business and positive word of mouth advertising for good reason.
Rcfuse

Post by Rcfuse »

Ordered knife from the UK Sunday night, arrived safely Wednesday morning. Great thanks. Now I just have to try to bag a Kaiju when they appear.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

This was a very nice email I received from a customer today. :)

Hi Mark-
Thanks a lot for that! And thanks tremendously for the link! I wasn’t needing a santoku, but I wanted this santoku.
I am always amazed at the low cost of one of these elusive, iconic to many, highly sought knives once you ever actually locate one. And considering the level of esteem in which the man and his influence are held by so many- myself included- it seems almost absurd. Just on performance alone they should be more; the only thing I can think of with similar bang for the buck is Munetoshi, maybe, but then the quality- the hammering on my nakiri is on an entirely different plane than anything, and I’ve got a few really, really good examples for comparison. Not the ingenuity- the perfection. The art of craft.
It just feels different than anything else, regardless of price- well, up to my ceiling, of course, -in a ‘different level’ sort of way. I could tell it apart from the rest of my knives in the dark just by the feel of the metal alone if that weren’t such a terrifically stupid idea. I can’t say what it is, but in my mind, it’s what you get from a great master with over a half-century of practicing.
It completely turns the rules of supply and demand, as I understand them, inside out- often in my favor. It plays by different rules all over the place. What a damned great and fun thing this is.
All your sites' vast and varied information has been invaluable, and an education in itself. That’s not a hyperbolic statement- I frequently refer to your site as an information resource, often, regarding specific knives, the only one who might have it. At this point, I’ve been looking at it for a while, and pretty thoroughly, and I’m still finding new stuff. Nobody does that anywhere like CKTG. Different level also. Nice job.

Thanks very much!

Robert
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
Susan

Post by Susan »

I would like to thank Mark who helped through the whole purchase. Top notch service. Will definitely purchase here again.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Glad to be supporting those who provide so many options and so much info to the community!
Susan

Post by Susan »

Thank you everyone at CKTG! I've never experience a company that truly cares so much about their customers!
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

If pecking order is the Fleur de Sel, you are the best well seasoned JK retailer on the inner webs :) I'll be patient and wait.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
Susan

Post by Susan »

I really like your website/store, products, and service.
Excellent...
packster

Post by packster »

We dropped by the store while we were visiting Madison a couple of years ago. Mark and Susan showed us some knives and explained the basics, and I picked up a Takeda. Since then, have browsed here on and off and purchased a few knives. Always, a smooth experience with good advice readily available. Much appreciated!
Susan

Post by Susan »

Thanks for having about everything I’ve wanted (and then some) as of late. Pro+ in every regard. I’ll be sure to spread the word in regards to my experience with your outfit.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Great Service, Great Selection, Great Enjoyment When I Receive Your Products...Kudos To Mark And His Team. And A Big Shout Out To "Susan" Who Does The Shipping/Packaging...