Garlic is in the ground -

Share your culinary creations, recipes, food knowledge, restaurant recommendations, etc.
Mike9

Garlic is in the ground -

Post by Mike9 »

Got up to 61 today so I planted 223 cloves of garlic in the pasture then put three bails of mulch hay on top @ 1' thick. We shall see what becomes of my endeavor come spring. It's always a crap shoot. Oh and I'm going to be a hurtin' tomorrow and Sunday. :lol: That's a lot of trips to the deck.

XexoX

Re: Garlic is in the ground -

Post by XexoX »

Mike9 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 pm Got up to 61 today so I planted 223 cloves of garlic in the pasture then put three bails of mulch hay on top @ 1' thick. We shall see what becomes of my endeavor come spring. It's always a crap shoot. Oh and I'm going to be a hurtin' tomorrow and Sunday. :lol: That's a lot of trips to the deck.

What kind of garlic did you plant? Also, good job, that is a lot of work!
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
gladius

Post by gladius »

Mike9 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 pm Got up to 61 today so I planted 223 cloves of garlic in the pasture then put three bails of mulch hay on top @ 1' thick. We shall see what becomes of my endeavor come spring. It's always a crap shoot. Oh and I'm going to be a hurtin' tomorrow and Sunday. :lol: That's a lot of trips to the deck.
---
These are times when grandkids come in handy. I used to have them play a game of it.: straightest rows and darkest finger...winner got cash. Now they are in college and won't play dirty finger anymore (keep it clean).
Mike9

Post by Mike9 »

My grandson used to help me before he started school, but he's in the third grade now and they don't get home till 3pm. It's dark at 4:30 now so I started at 1pm and finished at 3pm. @XexoX it's a hard neck mix I've been using the same seed stock since I started growing some years ago. You plant enough to have enough to plant and have garlic till summer. In fact we had so many tomatoes this year I used all of my last years garlic by roasting it with the tomatoes and then letting it steam and running it through the press into the sauce. It was still sticky as hell with oil.