What did you cook today?

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Runner_up

What did you cook today?

Post by Runner_up »

It's a shame that there is so little action in the "what's cookin'?" section in a kitchen knife forum. We should keep a thread running of what we actually cook with all of our fancy knives :D

Today's lunch was Ribeye, roasted taters with crispy garlic, pan sauce with gorgonzola, mushrooms, red wine.
Jeff B

Re: What did you cook today?

Post by Jeff B »

My problem is I never think about pictures while I'm cooking. It's always after we've ate that I think "damn, I should have taken pictures of that!"
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Runner_up wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:51 pm It's a shame that there is so little action in the "what's cookin'?" section in a kitchen knife forum. We should keep a thread running of what we actually cook with all of our fancy knives :D

Today's lunch was Ribeye, roasted taters with crispy garlic, pan sauce with gorgonzola, mushrooms, red wine.
I hope this takes off, it would be a lot of fun!
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
Mike9

Post by Mike9 »

I made Quiche (3) with ham, bacon, smoked gruyere and truffle cheddar.

Runner_up

Post by Runner_up »

Not cooking per se, but some knife work for breakfast. House made currant jam, coconut yogurt, apple, dark chocolate.

Runner_up

Post by Runner_up »

Jeff B wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:57 pm My problem is I never think about pictures while I'm cooking. It's always after we've ate that I think "damn, I should have taken pictures of that!"
The food tastes better after you've taken a picture. Ask any of the young kids at fine dining restaurants with their phones out. :D
Ut_ron

Post by Ut_ron »

Runner_up wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:13 am
Jeff B wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:57 pm My problem is I never think about pictures while I'm cooking. It's always after we've ate that I think "damn, I should have taken pictures of that!"
The food tastes better after you've taken a picture. Ask any of the young kids at fine dining restaurants with their phones out. :D
:lol: :lol:
Home cook that enjoys sharp knives.
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

Hehe, I made a quiche yesterday too, with Kerrygold swiss and slab bacon with some sauteed shallots. Cheated with Marie Callendar pie crust though
Attachments
quiche (Medium).jpg
Mike9

Post by Mike9 »

Nice - nothing wrong with store bought crust. I make mine without as I don't need the extra carbs at my age.
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

Mike9 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:17 pm Nice - nothing wrong with store bought crust. I make mine without as I don't need the extra carbs at my age.
Ah, didnt notice you have no crust, didya have crumbs on the side or just filling? I make these for my wife who seems not to mind the calories. I'd rather eat pizza!
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

Runner_up wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:12 am Not cooking per se, but some knife work for breakfast. House made currant jam, coconut yogurt, apple, dark chocolate.
Beautiful!
Bluenoser87

Post by Bluenoser87 »

Runner_up wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:51 pm It's a shame that there is so little action in the "what's cookin'?" section in a kitchen knife forum. We should keep a thread running of what we actually cook with all of our fancy knives :D

Oh wow. That’s a serious looking lunch. Ribeye is my favorite
Runner_up

Post by Runner_up »

Quick and simple breakfast. Toast with butter, egg, greens with salt+pepper, radish

timos

Post by timos »

I am hoping to cook something nice this weekend. Keep the pics/inspiration coming !
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

I hope to cook something good this weekend. Haven't cooked much lately. Just spent about 100 hours renovating/repairing my two kids' rooms. I am finally done!

Had I known what I know now, I would have bought a brad nailer and powered miter saw ... )-:
Jeffry B
Runner_up

Post by Runner_up »

Fresh popovers out of the oven, to eat with a little jam and butter.
Ut_ron

Post by Ut_ron »

jbart65 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:24 am I hope to cook something good this weekend. Haven't cooked much lately. Just spent about 100 hours renovating/repairing my two kids' rooms. I am finally done!

Had I known what I know now, I would have bought a brad nailer and powered miter saw ... )-:
^ 👍👍 Yep made that mistake only once. So much faster and so much nicer work with both the brad nailer and powered miter saw.
Ut_ron

Post by Ut_ron »

Runner_up wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 pm Image

Fresh popovers out of the oven, to eat with a little jam and butter.
Tertiary tasty looking.
Mike9

Post by Mike9 »

Bob Z wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:02 pm
Mike9 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:17 pm Nice - nothing wrong with store bought crust. I make mine without as I don't need the extra carbs at my age.
Ah, didnt notice you have no crust, didya have crumbs on the side or just filling? I make these for my wife who seems not to mind the calories. I'd rather eat pizza!
I lightly butter the pie plate then dust with bread crumbs.
lsboogy

Post by lsboogy »

Popovers on the menu for my weekend - I am going to make some honey butter to toss on them - light honey that just a adds a note of sweetness to unsalted butter with a little lavender (finely minced) as a color and flavor enhancer - have not had popovers since last winter. Thanks for the reminder.