Worried about my new knife

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Gregory27

Worried about my new knife

Post by Gregory27 »

So, on Sunday I ordered a Harukaze 240 (happy birthday to me!) which USPS estimated for a Tuesday delivery. Then, on Tuesday, the status changed to "in transit; running late." And "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

It left a facility on Monday night that is barely an hour drive from here. Still nothing. I'm becoming increasingly paranoid that my knife was lost. What's the ruling on just ordering another knife and not telling my wife about it? I want my knife NOW!
slickmamba

Re: Worried about my new knife

Post by slickmamba »

I've had boxes go all around the US for a two week trip before getting to me. It probably ended up on the wrong truck at some point
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Gregory27 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:09 am So, on Sunday I ordered a Harukaze 240 (happy birthday to me!) which USPS estimated for a Tuesday delivery. Then, on Tuesday, the status changed to "in transit; running late." And "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

It left a facility on Monday night that is barely an hour drive from here. Still nothing. I'm becoming increasingly paranoid that my knife was lost. What's the ruling on just ordering another knife and not telling my wife about it? I want my knife NOW!
I’d give it some more time. I’ve had a couple of knives criss cross this country for two weeks but I’ve never had one get lost. Or you could order another one and practice your two knives at the same time technique :D It sucks to have to wait but I bet it shows before long.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
Bluenoser87

Post by Bluenoser87 »

Haha...that sounds like a good way to end up with two knives!

USPS tracking is awful. They routinely mis-scan things or don’t scan it at all. Stuff usually eventually shows up though. I ordered a package of sausage casings once. It showed in USPS tracking all over the place for 2 months before it eventually showed up at my door. I hope that doesn’t happen to your knife though :?
Cigarguy

Post by Cigarguy »

For every hour that goes by order a new knife. One of these days a new knife will show up at your door.
Bluenoser87

Post by Bluenoser87 »

Cigarguy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 am For every hour that goes by order a new knife. One of these days a new knife will show up at your door.
This is the answer
Gregory27

Post by Gregory27 »

Cigarguy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 am For every hour that goes by order a new knife. One of these days a new knife will show up at your door.
"Honey, I'm sorry, but all of these knives aren't my fault. It's the postal service's fault. There's nothing I can do. Honey. Sweetie, could you put down that bat please?"
stevem627

Post by stevem627 »

I had that happen once from an order here. It just got sent somewhere else originally and showed up 3 days late..but it showed up.
Nmiller21k

Post by Nmiller21k »

I just ordered a package from St. Louis to Minneapolis...
It went to Indianapolis first.... I don't get it.
Gregory27

Post by Gregory27 »

Okay, so they're finally showing it as having arrived at the local postal office. There's a slight chance that I MAY have been overreacting. But I've actually gotten next day delivery from CKTG in the past, just with standard USPS shipping, so this whole waiting 5 days thing is really putting me off center.
Cigarguy

Post by Cigarguy »

Instant gratification much?

Here in Canada, a week for shipping is faster than the speed of light. That's assuming one can get a second mortgage to pay for shipping.
Gregory27

Post by Gregory27 »

Cigarguy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:37 am Instant gratification much?

Here in Canada, a week for shipping is faster than the speed of light. That's assuming one can get a second mortgage to pay for shipping.
Well, I also live a hour and a half away from CKTG, so yeah... I've probably come to expect instant gratification.
milkbaby

Post by milkbaby »

Real instant gratification would be driving the hour and a half to check out and get the goods in person. :)
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

milkbaby wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:38 pm Real instant gratification would be driving the hour and a half to check out and get the goods in person. :)
If I lived an hour and a half away from CKTG, Mark would have a lot more of my money than he does now! :?
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Gregory27

Post by Gregory27 »

Jeff B wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:21 pm
milkbaby wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:38 pm Real instant gratification would be driving the hour and a half to check out and get the goods in person. :)
If I lived an hour and a half away from CKTG, Mark would have a lot more of my money than he does now! :?
As soon as my kids are old enough to ditch for a handful of hours, my friends in Madison will be seeing me more often. Probably with a new knife in tow.
timos

Post by timos »

you should have it tomorrow then :) I love those harukaze knives.
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos